Doubt Not, Fear Not.
Organizing: Stake Youth Leaders (AP/YW)
When: Friday-Saturday, November 10-11
Where: Comfort Suites, Tukwila
Action: Youth Registration
More Info: Retreat Flyer (for print or view)
click thumbnail to go to retreat home page
A Time for All Things
SUN OCT 29 7:00 PM – Kent Stake Center
For ages 14-18 & Youth Leaders
AARONIC PRIESTHOOD RENDEZVOUS
Ages: 12-18 + Bishops & All YM Leaders
When: FRI & SAT SEPT 22-23
Where: Ensign Ranch, Yakima Campsites
VIEW PRELIMINARY ITINERARY
Wesley King (Venture Crew 405) celebrates with his family after receiving his Eagle Scout Award at a joint Court of Honor held on July 14, 2017.
Well done Wesley!
- pictured with parents Andrea & James
Kaden Reall (Venture Crew 405) celebrates with his family after receiving his Eagle Scout Award at a joint Court of Honor held on July 14, 2017.
Well done Kaden!
- pictured with parents Kim & Brett
The Stake Presidency has recently provided guidance to stake leaders and members concerning the announced changes to the activity program for young men ages 14-18 (Canada and the United States). Please see their message below.
Most questions can be answered here:
Questions and Answers about Changes to the Young Men Program
Supplemental information for the Kent Stake:
- The Kent Stake will continue to meet on a weekly basis for Young Men activities.
- This is not a big change for our 14 to 18 year old activities.
- Boys currently working toward Eagle should continue (reg’d in the Scout Troop).
- Boys ages 14-18 working on their Eagle Scout Rank do most of their merit badge work at home with family help and involvement.
- We need a renewed emphasis of parent involvement with all scouting activities.
- Renewed emphasis on Duty to God, and splitting with the missionaries.
- The new activity program for 14-18 year old young men should be: youth lead, connect them with heaven, and promote trusting relationships which anchor the young men to the gospel.
Kent Stake leaders are still evaluating the impacts of these changes, and will provide more guidance in the future.
First Presidency Letter
YM Program Changes Q&A
Young Men General Presidency – Counsel on Implementation
Teacher & Priest Activity Program Implementation Q&A
Aaronic Priesthood 14-18 Activities
Simple Talent & Interest Survey
Nathan Hanis (Venture Crew 410) completed his Eagle Board of Review successfully on November 9, 2016 and earned the rank of Eagle. Nathan’s eagle project was centered around collecting donations for Seattle children’s hospital. Well done Nathan!
- pictured with parents Sarah & Pat
The Kent Stake Senior Presentation will commence at 5:30pm on Saturday May 13th at the Kent Stake Center. A dinner and program will be provided with the juniors of our stake serving. All graduating seniors and their parents are invited to attend, along with the senior’s bishop and associated young women or young men president.
If you are a graduating senior, please complete the requested questionnaire, and we look forward to joining you and your parents that evening as we honor this important milestone and accomplishment in your life.
Isaac Parks (Venture Crew 410) completed his Eagle Board of Review successfully on March 30, 2017 and earned the rank of Eagle. His eagle project was organizing an awards banquet for the special olympians in the Kent School District. Well done Isaac!
- pictured with parents Korin & Dick Wing
Christian Gealta (Venture Crew 888) completed his Eagle Scout Board of Review on the evening of 30 May 2017 and earned the rank of Eagle. Christian’s Eagle project consisted of constructing 2 spacious park benches for the Soos Creek Botanical Garden. Well done Christian!
- pictured with parents Rebecca & Mike