“May I extend a personal invitation to every young man and young woman in the Church, and to our many friends of other faiths, to join us on June 3.” — President Nelson
click image to view video & details
The youth of our stake are encouraged to gather together by individual ward or branch to watch the devotional – please check with your ward or branch youth leaders to determine your designated time and viewing location.
A Time for All Things
SUN OCT 29 7:00 PM – Kent Stake Center
For ages 14-18 & Youth Leaders
Stake Youth Fireside January 29th, 7:00pm at the Kent Stake Center
President Darold R. Stroud will be the featured speaker.
Upcoming events for the Kent Stake:
- Scouting recharter kick-off; October 13th 6:30pm KB
- Commissioner meeting; October 13th 6:30pm KB
- Roundtable; October 13th 7:00pm KB (unit leader break-outs after announcements)
- Chief Seattle Council Program Training Conference (PTC); October 15th 8:00am NSCC
- Stake Youth Dance;
October 15th 8:30pm KSC(Cancelled)
- Seminary Fireside (introduction to Doctrinal Mastery); 5:00pm KSC
- Youth Devotional with General Authorities; October 22nd 7:00pm MVSC
- Special Stake Conference with an Apostle; October 23rd 10:00am KSC
Other items of interest:
- Youth Protection Training now required yearly; complete before recharter begins
- For Microsoft & Boeing employees: log your volunteer hours
- Friends of Scouting campaign kicks off November 10
- Priesthood Leadership Meeting, November 10
- Additional Friends of Scouting (FOS) training; December 6
- Mountain Man Rendezvous – May 5-6, 2017 (Camp Parsons)
- Combined Scout Camp; July 24-29, 2017 @ Camp Piggot (same week as YW Camp)
September 23 – 24, Ensign Ranch
- Setup camp, meals with troop/ward
— high adventure & Camp Helaman reports
— scouting / D2G recognitions
— talk on pressing forward
- Ward time / star gazing / lights out
- Breakfast with troop/ward
- Troop/ward time & devotional
- Flag ceremony
- Field games, ropes course, competitions
- Lunch time!
- Troop/ward time
- Retire the colors
- Head for home
See you there!
To the young men / young women presidents of each ward:
- Are you getting all of the needed information concerning conference?
- Do you have any questions?
- Are all of your YM/YW signed up?
- Are all of the needed adults signed up from your ward?
Please be mindful of the following guidelines:
- Youth can NOT drive themselves to the youth conference.
- Dinner will be served each night, however everyone (adults included) will need to bring a sack lunch with them each day. And, there will be no refrigerators to store the lunches so, whatever is brought needs to stay good in warm weather.
- Remind all the youth to hand out their pass along cards (see below for an electronic copy for distribution via email or social media).
- This “youth conference” is more than just the musicals. There will be workshops and inspirational speakers (via firesides, etc.), games, etc. going on during all of the days of conference (Thursday, Friday and Saturday).
- Youth conference starts at 8:30AM on Thursday morning, 10:00AM on Friday morning, and 12:30PM on Saturday afternoon.
- There are no dressing rooms at the site. The youth will be performing in the clothes they are wearing. Some may have costumes over their clothes.
- A detailed conference outline is coming later this week. When received by the stake leaders, it I will send it out to all of the YM/YW Presidents in each Ward (along with the bishops).
- There will be a meeting held on June 16th @ 7:00pm (KSC) for all of the YM/YW presidents in each Ward to attend and get the last info on the Pageant. Please plan to attend.
Youth Conference Musical Pass Along Card (for emailing and sharing via social media)
For more information, visit the main youth conference web site at: 2016pressforward.org
Saturday February 27, 2016 – Renton Stake Center
Deacons & Beehives: 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Ages 14-18: 4:30pm – 11:00pm (dance following speakers & dinner)
Speaker: Sister Shauna Seamons – “Having a Perfect Brightness of Hope”
Speaker: Brother Stephen Morgan – “Press Forward, Feasting Upon the Word of Christ“
Go To All For Youth Registration
(for posting and distribution to Youth)
Auburn P/L Dinner & Program: November 14th from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. See the flyer in the activities flyer repository for further details (flyer for distribution found here).
Priest / Laurel Swim Party
The summer was kicked off (a little early) on Friday May 30th with a swim party and BBQ held for the priests and laurels of the Auburn, Kent, Maple Valley, and Renton Stakes. Our older youth enjoyed swimming, tennis, volleyball, the fire pit, and tons of great food.
Stake Youth Conference
This year’s stake youth conference began at the Kent Stake Center on July 26th and lasted through July 29th. The theme for the conference was ‘Mission Possible‘; portraying that all things are possible through Christ the Lord. A few highlights include the following:
- Thursday evening: after the attending youth navigated a ‘laser‘; obstacle course on the stage, Brother Nils P. Nelson of the Auburn Institute provided the conference opening address. Brother Nelson fired up the youth and encouraged them to have Christ on their team as they work to complete their mission on earth. President Stroud also conducted a role-play with the youth and Sister Cindy Hainer welcomed the young men and women providing an overview and introduction of the remaining sessions of conference.
- After the opening session, the youth were off to the homes of their host families.
- Friday morning brought training (including role-plays) by the Federal Way Mission district leaders (FTMs) followed by a well-received question and answer session.
- Friday afternoon brought family history research with adding memories training (FamilySearch.org) by Brother La Mont Palmer and several family history specialists from the stake; the youth also enjoyed indexing grave sites at Tahoma National Cemetery.
- Friday evening brought a senior dinner and program entitled ‘Music Through the Years‘ the youth did a great job making our seniors feel welcome and honoring them throughout the night. During the program, the youth sang and danced their way into the hearts of our senior members of the stake (65 and older). Afterward the youth and leaders cleaned up and then the youth were off to their host families for the night.
- Saturday morning found the youth headed up to the Bellevue Stake Center for classes and quiet time at the Seattle Temple. The classes were on scripture reading and prayer and were taught by Sister Katie Tyler and Marcia & Lamar Jacobs respectively. The youth really enjoyed their presentations and then relished some personal time in the stake center and via walking the temple grounds (in the rain!). After the morning session, the youth and leaders converged on Vasa Park Resort in Bellevue for a huge/tasty BBQ with outdoor activities and swimming in Lake Sammamish.
- Sunday evening brought the concluding testimony meeting and was enjoyed by all present (a great mix of testimonies from both the young women and young men)
For additional details, see the following blog post: ‘Mission Possible SYC 2014‘.
Priest / Laurel Activity
The priests and laurels of our stake enjoyed a nice Wednesday night Mutual activity on July 30th, swimming and playing in the water at the Carter home on Lake Meridian. Refreshments were also enjoyed by the entire group.
Kent Stake Outdoor Dance
Saturday evening August 16th brought the 4 stakes 14+ youth out to President Stroud’s home for an outdoor dance. The weather was perfect and great treats topped off a wonderful evening. The AP/YW also enjoyed a potluck at the Stroud home beforehand. Thank you Strouds!
Priest / Laurel Temple Fireside
On the evening of August 24th, President Thomas R. Olson of the Seattle Temple presidency spoke to the older youth (P/Ls) concerning temple blessings, and he also answered many questions on various topics pertaining to the temple. President Dick Wing also spent a few minutes reminding the youth of the stake’s invitation to do family history research for their ancestors and take 10 names (they have prepared) to the temple in November.
Registration for Stake Youth Conference 2014 is now open! Please download and distribute the conference packet below. This packet includes an introduction cover letter, the registration form, and the talent show program, including needed positions/parts to fill. [15Jun14] New SYC agenda and youth packing list have been added below for reference and distribution.
- Stake Youth Conference Forms Packet 2014
- Stake Youth Conference Agenda for Youth and Leaders [*New* 15Jun14]
- Stake Youth Conference Packing List [*New* 15Jun14]
Youth registration forms should be returned to a stake youth leader by June 1, 2014. The conference dates are June 26 – 29 (including a Sunday evening testimony meeting). We look forward to a fun, educational, and uplifting conference!
Ward youth leaders, please encourage all of your youth ages 14-18 to attend – it should be a great experience for them.
For questions/concerns, please contact a member of the Stake AP/YW Committee.
The 2014 Kent Stake YM/YW Activities Calendar (leader edition) is now available for your use. Please note that the stake dance and priest / laurel activity ward assignments have been made and are designated after the activity. Please distribute this calendar to your presidency members and provide a copy to your bishopric member(s) that have stewardship over your youth. The PDF calendar can be found here, or click on the calendar graphic below to view it directly.
Thank you for all you do for the YM of our stake. Please contact a member of the stake YM’s presidency with any ?s or concerns.